filigree...
"An intricate, delicate, or fanciful ornamentation."
(The Free Dictionary)

"Whoever loves and understands a garden will find contentment."
          --Chinese Proverb

A Little About Me

  • www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Jewelry. Make your own badge here.

follow filigreegarden at http://twitter.com

Content Copyright © 2008-2010
The Filigree Garden.
All Rights Reserved.

I welcome links to my site and blog. However, please don't use or copy any of my photos, design or written content without my permission. Thank you!

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Clean-up crew

My rosemary plant from two years ago died and dried out but I just got around to tossing it in the compost pile. After two years of growing in the house, the roots of the plant had firmly adhered to the inside of its pot. Not feeling like scrubbing it out at that moment, I set the pot on the back steps hoping the rain would do some of the cleaning for me. While sitting at the computer one day, back door open, I heard a strange ceramic clinking sound coming from outside. I was surprised to see this chipmunk earnestly chewing away all the rosemary roots from inside the container. Nature's clean-up crew had arrived! Who knew this cute, efficient, (and sometimes destructive!), little furry creature loved rosemary so much?

Thanks for the help, now please stop eating my strawberries!!





Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki W said...

I love it when nature does the work for me - especially when the nature is so cute!

June 25, 2009 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Judy Nolan said...

Oh, my! This is too funny. I'm so glad you captured this little guy in action.

June 25, 2009 at 12:46 PM  
Blogger Liz Plummer said...

Oh Liv, that's gorgeous. Wish we had chipmunks in the UK. I suppose the nearest are squirrels.... We have some VERY noisy and argumentative magpies in our garden at the moment....

June 28, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home